Table of Contents
Long Delays Loading, Saving or Batching Photos
If you are experiencing ridiculous delays when loading photos or saving photos, chances are good that
your anti-virus software is the cause of the delay. Perform
the following test to see if this is the problem:
We have found that most Anti-Virus programs do not cause this delay in photoelf. However, a few packages do. If turning your Anti-Virus
software OFF temporarily solves the delay problem in photoelf, then continue reading:
- Go into your Anti-Virus software package and turn it OFF.
- Run photoelf again and see if the delay is gone.
- Turn your Anti-Virus software back ON.
Solutions in PhotoELF:
This delay persists when photoelf is accessing the EXIF data within the image file.
For all 3 above, view this page for exact details: See: Preserving EXIF. Doing so will reduce
or eliminate this delay. To learn more about DATES, view this page: DATE
- Turn off EXIF Preserving in photoelf's options.
- Leave EXIF Preserving ON, but only preserve the basic core.
- Turn DATE off in the preferences.
However, if Preserving ALL EXIF data is important to you, then you may need to explore options with your Anti-Virus software:
Solutions in your Anti-Virus software:
- Look in your anti-virus software options and see if there is a preference to lower the scrutiny on JPG files
- Look to see if you can exclude certain folders, or any other option that may eliviate the problem.
- Use different Anti-Virus Software