Table of Contents
Removing Photos from the Shoebox
If you have deleted any photos that you wish to retrieve from the Shoebox, follow these simple steps:
1) Using the left hand folder system, change the location to a folder of your choosing, (the folder you wish to put the Shoebox photos into).
2) Look in the File menu and select Open Shoebox.
3) The Shoebox will open on the right hand side of PhotoELF.
4) On the right hand side, (the Shoebox side), display a photo by clicking its file name.
5) If this is a photo you wish to keep and remove from the Shoebox, simply click the blue arrow, (bottom middle of PhotoELF) that is pointing to the left. This will copy that photo out of the Shoebox and into the left hand folder.
Doing this will put a copy of that photo in the left hand folder. A copy will remain in the Shoebox.
You may select Move instead of Copy, (bottom middle of PhotoELF). Then, when you click the blue arrow button, the photo will be moved to the left hand folder and will be removed from the Shoebox.
Either method is fine.
6) Repeat selecting photos on the right hand side and if you wish to get them out of the Shoebox, simply click the blue arrow.
Repeat until done.
7) When done, look in the File menu and select Empty Shoebox and the remaining contents of the Shoebox will be permanently removed from your computer. There is no getting them back after this step is performed. However, the photos you moved to the left hand folder will remain on your computer.